Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A new journey

I haven't written on my blog in some time. I am sitting at home this morning not feeling very "inspired" to write, but I decided to write for the sake of keeping up with it. May not be the most productive and inspired writing moment, but we'll see where it goes from here. :)

I just started a new bible study that I am excited about. It seems to be VERY timely as God usually is. I am also thinking that through this study I will become inspired to write more.

Last night I was thinking of a lot of things, as usual, and felt challenged to inspire others to "pour into" their families. I had two pictures in my mind. The first was a row of cups and someone carefully had filled each one to a certain level and was managing all their cups. The second image was of one cup with a circle of cups below it. The first cup was being filled to overflowing and as it overflowed it spilled into the cups below it which in turn overflowed into cups below them.

What I got from this in short was that many people are juggling a lot of things, trying to perform at a certain level and feeling confident that they are doing well because all their cups are in a row and they are all adequately full. The down-side is that these cups are full of stagnant water.

Do you want your family relationships to be fluid, connected, and overflowing, or are you so focused on all the tasks you need to do and the time to do them that you aren't pouring into your family?

I will possibly write more on this another time.

In closing I will share one more thought...
A relative was visiting recently and we were on the subject of flowers. They mentioned that they didn't want flowers around because they just die.
I thought to myself, well they will die in the store or at my home, they are already cut. But then I thought further and realized....everything dies, we choose to enjoy the beauty of life while it is here. Whether it is flowers or our loved ones. We won't live forever, what are you doing to enjoy the beauty of those around you today?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment